As soon as Philip the Good arrived in power in 1431, he started to transform his palace in Brussels. He enlarged the corps de logis (main block), built a new banqueting hall and improved the gardens. In 1452, a new banqueting hall (the Aula Magna) was built to replace the first one, and the entrance porch was moved to its definitive location. Philip the Good also reconfigured place des Bailles, which was located just in front of the palace.